We are the YMCA
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth is a dynamic charity that connects more than 50,000 people daily. Since 1853, the YMCA has been promoting positive values that build individuals’ spirit, mind and body. We provide programs to help those living in our communities and continually works to create stronger, and healthier communities.
For 165 years we’ve cared for kids, shaped leaders for tomorrow, helped generations of people come together for support, and provide experiences that last a lifetime.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all, in a welcoming space that is both nurturing and fun – a community of shared responsibilities, where children and families can thrive.
We envision strong and caring communities that result in:
- Strong and connected families
- Healthy seniors with strong social circles that volunteer, and stay involved
- Resilient and healthy children who thrive and lead healthy, long lives
- Confident and skilled young leaders
- Motivated adults that take charge of their health, get active, and become role models and mentors
- Immigrants who engage and participate in their community
- Teens who feel confident and a strong sense of belonging