YMCA Junior Leaders is an eight week YMCA program offered during the summer school break each year for youth interested in leadership skills development and volunteer opportunities within the YMCA.
The program helps youth develop and grow through:
- Conflict resolution
- Problem solving and communications
- Introduction to YMCA core values
- Career explorations and job search skills
- Developing YMCA Summer Day Camp program activities
- Taking an active leadership role within YMCA Day Camps, working directly with children
Included in YMCA Summer Day Camp Fees
Registration is combined with YMCA Summer Day Camp, anyone ages 12-15 is eligible to participate.
For questions and registration information, contact:
Stephen Nelson, Program Director, Community YMCA
Detailed Schedule & Registration Information
|Location||Address||Dates & Times||Ages|
|Community YMCA||2269 Gottingen St., Halifax||Fridays from July 3 and August 25||12-15|
Schedule effective from January 3 to April 1, 2017