Located on a 120-acre peninsula on the quiet Merigomish Harbour, surrounded by ocean shoreline, forest, fields, and beautiful salt marshes, sits Big Cove YMCA Camp – the oldest overnight camp in Canada.
Amongst the pristine wilderness Big Cove YMCA Camp has to offer, you will find a large waterfront area, equipped with a swimming dock and a dock for canoeing and kayaking.
Many of our traditions and rich camp history are reflected in our buildings at camp. Our most special, and popular spot is known as The Pavilion. The Pavilion is Big Cove’s historic dining hall, where the entire camp enjoys meals together three times every day.
In addition to a stunning natural setting, Big Cove offers many exciting resources that are fully integrated into our camp programs
- Fleet of ocean canoes and kayaks
- Archery Range
- High Challenge Course (with a zipline and climbing tree)
- Low Challenge Course with Bouldering Wall
- Arts and Crafts Hall
- Heated Washhouse Facility
- Health Centre
- Gaga Ball Pit
- 13 Cabins (each houses eight campers and two councillors)
- Authentic tipis for Leadership 1 and Leadership 2 Participants
- Multiple outdoor campfire sites
- 3.5 kms of hiking trails