Our staff are always learning, and make every effort to use their expertise to respond to the needs of every child. Each playroom will be provided with the information needed to make every child successful in their program. We hire qualified Early Childhood Educators that have up-to-date First Aid training, as well as clear Criminal Record, Vulnerable Sector, and Child Abuse Registry checks.
The staff-team at Purdy’s Wharf Child Care Centre acquires specific competencies to work with diverse children as the need arises. We also encourage staff to train beyond their minimum-required training.
To best support you, your child and the Playing to Learn curriculum, our staff will always:
- Support you in your role as a parent
- Provide a safe environment for your child
- Prepare spaces that are more conductive to learning
- Carefully watch to determine what your child – at a particular moment in time – is capable of learning
- Use best practices in play
- Actively participate in your child’s play experiences
- Observe and document the milestones in your child’s life to ensure age appropriate development
- Be attentive, involved, and aware of your child’s development and learning stage
Contact us today for a tour!