We are excited to announce that Big Cove YMCA Camp is opening as a Campground and Day Use facility for the 2020 summer season!
- Day or Overnight options (book one or more days/nights)
- Cabin or Campsite rentals
- Enjoy Big Cove programs (staff lead and self directed): canoeing, archery, low ropes, hiking, scavenger hunts
- Enjoy local sights and tourist attractions (even a day trip to PEI)
- Fresh water tap and washrooms central to cabins
Dates of Availability: *you do not have to book full blocks
|8 – 10||1 – 3|
|14 – 18||5 – 7|
|21 – 24||11 – 15|
|28 – 31||18 – 21|
|25 – 27|
Please register here https://bigcove.campbrainregistration.com
Here at Big Cove YMCA Camp, we believe that the overnight camping experience is an important part of each child’s development. With our rich history as Canada’s oldest overnight camp and 130 years of tradition and growth, Big Cove YMCA Camp has a proud commitment of serving camper-families in Nova Scotia. Our exciting programs truly are the pinnacle of the Big Cove YMCA Camp experience.
- Strong in leadership skills
- Ready to be friends, teachers, and role-models for all
- Trained and certified in First Aid, CPR, and Lifesaving practices
Our Big Cove YMCA Camp programs are designed to help youth grow as individuals while promoting cooperation and teamwork with others in a safe, supportive community. The YMCA’s philosophy of spirit, mind and body helps to guide our programs in enhancing self-awareness, confidence, trust and responsibility.
We provide a wide variety of exciting, interactive programs and ensure that there is a little something for everyone. Campers and senior staff work together with our counsellors to design weekly schedules with a balance of cabin group activities and all camp programs.
|Little Big Cove||3 days||6 to 12||3:1|
|Junior Program||6 or 13 days||7 to 11||4:1|
|Senior Program||6 or 13 days||12 to 15||4:1|
|Leadership I||27 days||15 to 16||4:1|
|Leadership II||27 days||16 to 17||4:1|