The YMCA provides full-time licensed child care in an accessible, warm and welcoming environment for families with children ages three months to five years at our Purdy’s Wharf Child Care Centre. Nestled in the heart of downtown Halifax, our centre offers unsurpassed views of the scenic Halifax Harbour. Our qualified YMCA Early Childhood Educators apply your child’s interests to help shape their learning experience.
The YMCA works to ensure that every child has the ability to fulfill their potential.
Full-time child care with the YMCA offers:
- A warm, friendly, and safe environment
- Encouragement for your child to be themselves and learn at their own pace
- Our signature, child-led YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum that encourages your child to discover learning through creative play
- Our unique Grand Friends program that features regular visits with seniors to connect and play
- A welcoming environment for children of all abilities and a family-centred, bias-free environment, supported by a full-time Inclusion Coordinator
- Nutritious, healthy morning snacks and lunch made fresh by our Child Care Cook
- Outdoor play at our onsite playground and terrace
- Access to the Community YMCA gymnasium
- Outings and plenty of fresh air with visits to local parks and community spaces
- A peanut-free environment
- Open communication and daily parent journals
- Low child-Early Childhood Educator ratios
- Living elements (ex. plants, fish, natural light) in all rooms to stimulate your child’s thinking
Contact us today for a tour!