The YMCA is looking for Early Childhood Educators to join our team within our Purdy’s Wharf Child Care Centre in the infant, toddler, and pre-school programs! The Purdy’s Wharf Child Care Centre is a workplace licensed childcare located within Tower II in Downtown Halifax waterfront.
As an Early Childhood Educator, you play an essential role in the direct delivery of quality infant to preschool care. You will:
- Supervise and direct program delivery for children from infant to preschool age.
- Model service excellence in children’s program delivery in accordance with YMCA Play to Learn Curriculum. Ensure inclusion, quality, children-centric activities (ie. imaginative play, small groups, etc.) that foster positive self-esteem, confidence building, and social skill development.
- Maintain licensing requirements, keep accurate and organized records, and complete daily health/safety checks and daily log entries.
- Be responsible for physical set-up and proper storage and cleanup of equipment and materials used in direct program delivery.
- Foster positive, collaborative relationships with parents/caregivers, ensuring individuals needs are met. You will respond to questions, requests for information, and serve as front line contact for family concerns.
- Maintain a high-level quality of instruction by participating in ongoing professional development activities, workshops, and certification maintenance.
To learn more, view our job posting
Please email your cover letter and resume in one document to the Director of Child Care, at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing your story!
The YMCA of Greater Halifax/Dartmouth is an equal opportunity employer.