YMCA Immigrant Services provides children, youth, and families with a variety of programs and outreach services as they transition to new communities. With a focus on successful settlement for the whole family, our Immigrant Services programs help those new to Canada settle into their new homes, and become engaged in healthy, inclusive communities.
Our programs operate in the Greater Halifax/Dartmouth area, as well as across the province of Nova Scotia.
The YMCA Centre for Immigrant Programs receives funding from Immigration Refugee & Citizenship Canada and the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) to assist in the development of our many programs.
- Active Living
- School Settlement in over 30 schools
- Saturday Study Skills (ages 5-12)
- Youth Outreach (ages 13-18)
- Gender-Based Violence Prevention Project (GBVP)
- YREACH in 9 communities across Nova Scotia